I won’t bore you to tears with my lame tales of woe about being busy. I’ll just shoot these links at you without further comment…
- Burlington the 2nd gayest city according to The Advocate? The Queen City, indeed!
- Worldwide day of prayer to heal Trig Palin: “Science has no way to undo this condition, which is the result of an extra chromosome; but God can. When Trig Palin is found to be miraculously healed, everyone but the most hardened atheist will have to acknowledge God’s Majesty!” And when Trig is *not* healed, everyone but the most hardened fundamentalist will have to acknowledge that God doesn’t exist, right?
- Wonderful Time Magazine video about TMBG. Too bad the Time video player is so sucky.
- Love this Mutual of Omaha what-to-do-in-case-of-nuclear-attack ad from the early 50s. It’s basically: duck and cover and buy life insurnace! It’s also noteworthy as an artifact of a time when Americans (and, one presumes, Soviets) lived with the all too real fear of nuclear holocaust in a way that was mundane enough for Mutual of Omaha to run this ad. via Gerry Canavan, via Boing Boing.
- AMC picks up Walking Dead pilot!